It’s not every day the smiling waitress, friendly hotel desk clerk or bus driver is recognized for doing the great job that’s expected. But the kind faces and caring personalities, combined with professional skills, of many who serve the public play key roles in setting the tone of any community.
To recognize the citizens, company staff and business owners who influence everything from daily commerce to tourism, the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce and the Convention and Visitors Bureau are accepting nominations for the fifth annual Art of Achievement Awards.
Nominees from both for-profit and non-profit organizations are eligible to receive Art of Achievement honors, and nominations can be submitted by Oct. 17 at flintandgenesee.org/aoaa-nominate. Self-nomination is allowed.
Professionals and employees working in the following business and hospitality categories may be eligible for recognition:
- CEO Business Award – Any company with 50 or more employees working to have a positive impact in Flint & Genesee
- Small Business Award – Any company with less than 50 employees working to have a positive impact in Flint & Genesee
- Minority-owned Business Award – Any minority-owned business working to have a positive impact in Flint & Genesee
- Claire M. White Award – Honoring a woman working for the betterment of Flint & Genesee in community, career or someone else’s life
- Young Professional Leader Award – Any young, professional, 35 or younger, making great strides to benefit their company and/or the community
- Nonprofit Impact Award – Any charity, church or nonprofit making great strides to positively impact any facet of the Flint & Genesee community
- Gloria J. DeHart Award – Exemplifies an individual or organization who has worked to improve Flint & Genesee in the eyes of the hospitality community, creating a positive impact and perception of Flint & Genesee
- Hospitality Ambassador Award – Recognizes exemplary customer service in the non-hotel areas of food service, bartender, transportation, business, etc.
- Frontline Ambassador Award – Recognizes a hospitality worker within a Genesee County hotel who provided outstanding service to guests staying at their establishment
- Restaurant of the Year – Recognizes a Genesee County restaurant for their outstanding service, menu and overall experience of the customer
- Hotel of the Year – Recognizes a Genesee County hotel for outstanding service, comfort and attention to hotel guests, providing an excellent overall experience
- Entertainment Venue of the Year – Recognizes an entertainment or live performing arts venue that continues to raise the bar, offering an array top notch entertainment to the community and visitors
- Community Champion Award – Recognizes a local resident who worked with the Flint & Genesee CVB staff to bring a meeting into Genesee County that had the highest economic impact in terms of attendees and overnight rooms
“This is always an exciting event when we get to recognize some of the trailblazers and up-and-coming leaders who are helping to move Flint and Genesee forward,” says Chamber CEO Tim Herman. “And, as in past years, we expect our job will be just as challenging in selecting this year’s winners.”
Winners will be announced at the Nov. 8 gala at the Flint Institute of Arts.
For sponsorship opportunities or additional more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.